Current Reading

This blog is primarily for me to blog my responses to books that I'm reading. Sometimes I blog about other stuff too, though.

Poverty by America by Matthew Desmond.

Word cloud

Word cloud

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Who knew?

I normally hate NYT articles that mention This One Program, but here's an article with 3 examples of This One Program, and at least two of them involve financial support and incentives to get students to attend school full-time.  Who knew that focusing full-time on school would lead to greater academic success than dividing your attention between school and a job?

(The only exception to that observation is students who have internships in their fields:   Many of those students do better than students who are only focused on school, but that's a bit different from working a job unrelated to your major.)

No comments: