Current Reading

This blog is primarily for me to blog my responses to books that I'm reading. Sometimes I blog about other stuff too, though.

Poverty by America by Matthew Desmond.

Word cloud

Word cloud

Monday, June 6, 2016

The voice of the opposition

I was interviewed to provide a critical perspective for an article about Eric Mazur in the Chronicle of Higher Education (paywall). There are a few quotes from a short interview, a link to an article I published in the Chronicle a few years ago, and a quote from a blog post.  I'm basically quoted as saying that if people take notes and organize their thoughts they can learn, that expert perspectives should be important and held up alongside group activities and whatnot, and that what may have revolutionary 25 years ago is now mainstream to the point of being nearly obligatory.

No comments: