Current Reading

This blog is primarily for me to blog my responses to books that I'm reading. Sometimes I blog about other stuff too, though.

Poverty by America by Matthew Desmond.

Word cloud

Word cloud

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Next book: Academic Freedom in the Age of the University

The next book will be Academic Freedom in the Age of the University by Walter Metzger.  It's the companion to Richard Hofstadter's Academic Freedom in the Age of the College.  Hofstadter's contribution traced US academic history up to 1865, from which point Metzger picks up.  The two works are sometimes published as separate volumes (including a copy in my campus's library, hence I originally only blogged Hofstadter's piece) but they were originally published (in 1955) as one volume titled The Development of Academic Freedom in the United States.

No comments: